After a hectic day, all you need is your phone and food. At least that is what I need. And if I don’t eat anything, hunger eats me up (not kidding!). 15-minute evening snack recipes turn out to be my saviour.
In this blog, I’ve listed out 8 of my favourite 15-minute evening snack recipes which literally anybody can cook to satisfy their hunger. And the best part about it? These require very minimal ingredients which are commonly found in Indian kitchens.
HEALTHY EVENING SNACK RECIPES (VEG)
So, you are hungry and you don’t want to end up eating junk. No worries, here I’ve got some healthy snack recipes for evening:
If you are looking for healthy as well as instant snack recipes for evening, Besan Ka Chilla or Cheela got your back. This is my family’s personal favourite for an evening snack. Although you can make stuffed moong dal chilla, it requires more time and preparation. Below is the recipe of an instant besan chilla.
- 2 cups of Besan (or Gram Flour)
- 1 finely chopped onion + half chopped capsicum (optional)
- Basic spices: salt, red pepper, chat masala, garam masala, turmeric (optional)
- Take 2 cups of Besan in a vessel and add water to it gradually.
- Keep mixing it to form a smooth paste and ensure that it is in flowy consistency.
- Once done, add chopped veggies to it (onion, capsicum or any other as per your choice.)
- Now add the spices mentioned above (as per taste).
- After you are done with your batter, heat a non-stick pan or tawa and add one teaspoon oil or clarified butter.
- Pour two ladles of batter on it, spread it in a circular motion (neither too thick nor too thin).
- Let it sit on a low- medium flame for 2-3 minutes. As it turns golden-brown, flip it on to another side.
- Once it is done from the other side as well, you can turn off the flame. Serve it hot with chutney of your choice.
For hindi recipe, check out video
2. Healthy sandwich
Who doesn’t love sandwiches? The best part about it is that you can flavour it in a way you want to. Although ‘healthy sandwiches’ aren’t as healthy as some of us think, but using ‘Atta Bread’ in place of one made out of Maida, can make it healthier.
The recipe shared below is my favourite morning snack— simple and delicious.
- Whole Wheat or Atta Bread (you can use Multigrain bread too)
- Finely Chopped Veggies (onion, capsicum, carrot, cabbage, beans or whatever you like to add)
- Spices (salt, black pepper, chat masala)
- 3-4 tsp. Fresh Cream or Malai
- Take all the chopped veggies in a bowl or vessel and add fresh cream to it (avoid if you are looking for a really healthy recipe).
- Add all the above-mentioned spices as per your taste and give it a good mix.
- Take a slice of bread and apply a thick layer of the prepared mixture. Spread your favourite ketchup on another slice and cover the bread.
- Now heat a tawa and apply a bit of clarified butter. After it turns hot, put your sandwich and let it turn golden-brown. Flip it over until it is done from other side as well. (To make it crispy, cover it closely with a plate or heavy utensil).
- Alternatively, you can use a sandwich maker to make process simpler.
ALSO READ: 20 Interesting Indian Food Facts
3. Pyaz paratha
Pyaz Paratha or Onion paratha is my all time-favourite recipe, first, because it doesn’t require many ingredients, and second, because I really love Pyaz. Try this out and you’ll love it if you are a pyaz fan too.
- 1 Chopped Onion
- Kneaded Dough
- Spices: Salt, pepper, chat masala, garam masala, coriander leaves.
- To make the filling, take chopped onion in a bowl and add all the spices to it as per your taste.
- Knead dough just like you do for chapati, just add a little bit of clarified butter to make it smooth.
- Roll out a chapati, spread the filling, now fold the corners, bringing it to the centre to make it round again.
- Apply some dry dough and roll it again gently to form a round shape (doesn’t matter if you don’t make it round perfectly.)
- Heat tawa, put your rolled paratha and let it turn golden-brown. Do the same with the other side.
- Flip it on to another side again and now apply some clarified butter.
- Let it bake from both the sides before you turn off the flame and put it in your tummy.
For Hindi recipe, check out the video:
4- Rava Idli
The traditional South-Indian Idli is made with rice, as a key ingredient. However, it requires time for fermentation. If you are craving for idlis or want some snack instantly, try out Rava Idlis. It tastes amazing with chutney.
- 1 cup of Sooji or Rava
- 2/3rd cup of Curd
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Onion, Tomato, Mustard Seeds and Dry Spices (for chutney)
- Take 1 cup Rava in a bowl, add 2/3rd cup of curd and ½ tsp baking soda (alternatively, you can use 1 tsp Eno).
- Mix it all together in a single direction.
- Allow water to boil in an Idli cooker or vessel.
- Grease Idli plates with oil and pour some batter to it (fill it partially).
- Keep the stand into the vessel with boiling water, cover with a lid.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes on medium-high flame. After which, you can check it by inserting a toothpick (if it comes out clean, it is done, if not, let it sit for some more time).
- For Chutney, chop 1 tomato and 1 onion roughly. Let it boil in water for 5-minutes along with 1-2 dried red chillies. Make sure you let it cool down. Now blend it in a jar. For tempering, take 1 tsp oil and let it head. Add mustard seeds and allow it to pop. Add the blended paste and serve with hot Idlis.
NOT-SO-HEALTHY EVENING SNACK RECIPES (VEG):
We all crave for some junk food. So, why not cook it at home within 25 minutes? Here are snack recipes for evening for some of our favourite junk food:
1. Instant French Fries
French fries is one of the most popular evening snack recipes. You might already be missing fries from McD or Burger King, but honestly, I’m not! This is because I love making it at home and have been doing it for at least 6 years and don’t get bored with it. You’ll find really long recipes for French fries, but mine is really quick.
- 2-4 Medium-large Potatoes
- Peel the skin of potatoes and wash them well.
- Cut them into long rectangular pieces.
- Pour oil into a vessel. Once it is hot, put the sliced potatoes and deep fry them.
- Keep the flame medium-high and stir it occasionally.
- As it turns pink-golden, turn off the flame and take it out on a kitchen towel.
- Add some salt to it and serve with ketchup and mayonnaise.
2. Tadka Maggi
Maggi is love! But if you bored of plain Maggi, you should try out its different styles like Cheese Maggi, Punjabi Maggi, Chinese Tadka Maggi and many more. My personal favourite is the combination of all. Here’s my recipe:
- 1 pack Maggi
- Veggies: ½ Onion, ½ Capsicum, 1-2 tsp Frozen peas, ½ Tomato
- 2 tbsp Butter, ¼ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Basic Spices
- Sauces: ½ tsp Tomato Ketchup, ½ tsp Green Chilli Sauce, ½ tsp Soya Sauce.
- Boil Maggi as you do, but without adding tastemaker to it.
- To make the tempering, take butter in a pan & add finely chopped onions and capsicum. Add ginger-garlic paste and let it cook. When it changes its colour, add chopped tomatoes, followed by frozen peas.
- Now add a pinch of salt, pepper and any other spice as you like.
- Add on all the sauces as mentioned in the quantity above.
- Strain boiled Maggi noodles and add it into the tempering.
- The final step is to add tastemaker and stir it well.
Do give it a try and you would love it!
3. Potato pancakes
Potato Pancakes or Aalu ka Cheela is yet another simple and quick recipe you can cook in just 15 minutes. And it literally tastes scrumptious. Do give it a try if you still haven’t yet.
- 2 Raw Potatoes
- ½ chopped onion
- 4 Tsp Gram Flour
- Spices: Salt, pepper, chat masala, garam masala and green chillies
- Peel potato skin and wash them well.
- Grate the potatoes (in long strands).
- Wash it thoroughly and drain out excess water by pressing your fists.
- When you get dry strands, add sliced or chopped onions to it.
- Now add gram flour to your potato mixture, forming a dry mixture.
- Gradually add water and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Finally, take some salt, pepper, chat masala, garam masala and green chillies and add as per your taste.
- Heat a pan or tawa and spread 2 tsp. mixture (you can make it bigger though I like to keep it small.)
- To save time, add multiple pancakes at once.
- Cook it from both sides until golden brown and serve hot with ketchup.
4. Sooji toast
Sooji Toast or Bread Pizza (Don’t really know why people call it pizza , when cheese is not used) used to be my every-other-day recipe. This instant toast can fill your tummy instantly. Follow the recipe mentioned below for your next tea-time snack:
- 1 cup Sooji or Rava
- Bread slices
- Chopped veggies: ½ tomato, ½ onion, ½ capsicum, 1 green chilli
- Spices: Salt, pepper, chat masala
- Take Sooji in a bowl and add a little amount of water to form a smooth and spreadable paste.
- Add all the veggies mentioned above.
- Now add all the spices as per your choice.
- Give it a good mix.
- Spread the batter on to one side of the bread.
- Hot one tsp of clarified butter in a pan and keep the bread slice over it (make sure plain side faces upwards)
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook on low-medium flame until golden brown.
- Flip on to other side and cook it until it turns crispy.
- Take it off the flame and enjoy with a cup of tea.
For a quick Hindi recipe of sooji toast, check out the video:
These were 8 of my favourite evening snack recipes for the times when hunger is all set to eat me up. I hope you’ll try these out and satisfy your tummy. Do let me know in the comment section, what do you like to cook when you are super hungry?
- What Happens When A Man Is Not Sexually Satisfied & 6 Things to Do - June 3, 2023
- 3 Signs That A Man Has Been Sexually Active - May 31, 2023
- Signs That a Woman Has Been Sexually Active: Unraveling the Mystery - May 27, 2023
This Post Has 8 Comments
thanks, id surely try them..
Glad to hear!😁 Do let me know how it turns out!
Now I’m hungry 🤤🤤
Haha sis! Then go to kitchen and try your hands on any of these.😁
nice recipes i will must try. good job keep it up best wishes
Thanks! Sure, do give a try. 😊
Mouth Watering Recipes… Definitely will share with my better half, let’s see what she makes out of it 😀
Or else will come to your home soon 😁
Hahaha! I’m sure she would satisfy your hunger.😬 Even my doors are open for you all!🌸