Korean skincare is a growing trend in India, and with the influx of Korean ideas, the need for Korean beauty products is slowly increasing.
People are often confused about what brands to use or what product is actually good for their skin. This confusion can be attributed to the lack of popularity of these brands and also to the lack of knowledge that the Indian public has regarding this area.
Some brands that have a name in the market are Innisfree, Klairs, and The Face Shop. But at the same time, their market reach is comparatively low. In this era where most people prefer online shopping, some huge names in the industry have come up with access to these products. Nykaa has been the front-runner, with Amazon and Maccaron being right behind. Some other websites like Myntra, Flipkart, and BeautyBarn also have K-beauty products available.
Here’s a list of easily found Korean beauty products that have been proven good while in use in India based on the Korean skincare routine.
Table of Contents
The first step in the Korean skincare routine consists of washing your face with an oil-based cleanser.
● Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Oil– It is a hydrating cleansing oil with the goodness of green tea.
● Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water– An easily available Indian substitute, it is found in the Indian market as well.
● Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil– It is a mild cleanser that is made using black beans works great for clogged pores and provides a soothing effect.
● Koelcia Lime Coke Cleansing Oil– With the extraordinary properties of lime and coke, it works wonders on the skin.
● SECRET KEY LEMON SPARKLING CLEANSING OIL– It cleanses all the dead cells to give a dewy finish.
● The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil– It is a refreshing and brightening cleanser for oily and combination skin.
The second step is to remove the remaining sweat and dirt using a water-based cleanser.
● Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam– It absorbs extra oil and improves the texture of the skin.
● Innisfree Green Tea Foam Cleanser– With the help of green tea extract, this cleanser whisks away all dirt and impurities.
● The Faceshop Jeju Volcanic Lava Cleansing Foam– The Jeju mud in this cleanser helps one achieve clear, glass-like skin.
● The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam– Infused with peach extract, this product contains a lot of moisture to help the skin fight pollution and dirt.
To get rid of clogged pores, one must use a good quality exfoliant.
● The Faceshop Jeju Volcanic Lava Scrub Foam Gentle Exfoliator– It can be
used to deeply cleanse pores and reduce blackheads to provide smooth skin.
● The Face Shop Smart Peeling Honey Black Sugar Scrub Gentle Exfoliator– It contains natural honey that provides nutrition to the skin in addition to the removal of dead cells.
● SECRET KEY LEMON SPARKLING PEELING GEL– This exfoliant gets rid of dead skin cells and leaves behind bright and healthy skin.
● Cosrx Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser– It is a chemical, cream-like exfoliant and is typically used for acne-prone skin.
To return the skin back to its normal pH, a toner is used.
● The Face Shop Rice & Ceramide Moisturizing Facetoner– The rice extracts give away deep hydration and tighten the skin.
● Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner-It is a hydrating and calming toner that balances the pH of the skin without any irritation.
● Innisfree Blueberry Rebalancing Skin– Toner- With the benefits of blueberries, this toner rebalances the pH of the skin and maintains the water-oil level of the skin.
● Skins Green Tea Watery Toner– This toner works best for all skin types due to its mild nature.
To bring back the moisture of the skin, an essence is used.
● Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence– This highly concentrated product works really fast to heal blemishes, acne and acne scars.
● Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Whitening Power Essence– It supplies some essential nutrients to the skin and helps brighten it.
● Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence– It acts as a great moisturizer and is sunscreen as well.
● ACCOJE Whitening Capsule Essence– It will glow up the skin and prevent pigmentation.
Treatment and Serum
This is very specific to the skin problems one might face.
● COSRX AC Collection Ultimate Spot Cream– Best for oily and combination skin, this product reduces inflammation and helps one get rid of acne.
● Goodal GREEN TANGERINE VITA C DARK SPOT Serum PLUS SET Serum– Vitamin C is essential for the skin and this serum provides exactly the right amount of it, it helps rejuvenate the skin and clears dark spots.
● Benton Snail Bee Ultimate Serum– The formula provides nourishment and helps to prevent wrinkles.
● KEEP COOL SOOTHE BAMBOO SERUM– Its ingredients are purely natural and it provides a great deal of moisturization.
For proper moisturization and nourishment of the skin, a sheet mask is used.
● MIRABELLE COSMETICS KOREA Fairness Facial Mask– It comes in a variety of fragrances and is specially designed for Indian skin. It can help one achieve glowing and radiant skin.
● Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask-Rice– It is highly enriched with the goodness of rice and makes dull skin look vibrant and clear.
● TONYMOLY Aloe Mask Sheet– Apart from hydrating skin, it has various nutrients that target other skin ailments for healthier skin.
● The Face Shop Real Nature Green Tea Face Mask– It makes the skin feel refreshed and revitalized and soothes the skin damaged by environmental stresses.
The most sensitive area on the face i.e the eye requires special care for the skin around it.
● Benton Fermentation Eye Cream– The formula can be used to reduce dark circles and puffiness around the eyes and also acts as an anti-wrinkle cream.
● Innisfree Jeju Orchid Eye Cream – It helps smoothen and brighten the skin around the eyes and also firms and nourishes the under eye.
● Klairs Fundamental eye awakening gel– It awakens the fatigued eye and hydrates and refreshes the eye area.
● The Face Shop Pomegranate and Collagen Volume Lifting Eye Cream– It gently covers the dehydrated eye area to provide the skin with moisture and restore its suppleness.
For ample nourishment and soothing of the skin, a nice moisturizer is recommended.
● COSRX AC Collection Lightweight Soothing Moisturizer – it gives a light and non-sticky sensation and is suitable for acne-prone skin.
● Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance– It smoothens fine lines and strengthens the skin.
● The Face Shop Rice & Ceramide Moisturizing Cream– It provides a great amount of moisture and is enriched with rice extracts, which gives it a smooth finish.
● Its Skin Pure Moisture Cream– A best-selling product in Korea, it has slowly reached the Indian markets. It tightens the skin and reduces pores to give off glass-like skin.
Also Read: 12 Best De Tan Face Packs to Try This Summer
To prepare one for the sun and pollution before stepping out, SPF is a necessity.
● APIEU Pure Block Natural Daily Sun Cream– This formula is natural, absorbs fully, and doesn’t irritate sensitive skin. It also has full coverage to ensure maximum protection.
● Its Skin UV Away Perfect Sun Block– Unlike sunscreens that leave dry and irritated skin, this one provides moisture and is perfect to shield the skin from the sun and outside factors.
● Innisfree Intensive Anti-Pollution Sunscreen– With an SPF of 50, it provides intensive protection and is greatly recommended.
There are a vast array of Korean beauty products. The most popular have been covered in this article, but there are still ample of them available. Also, Korean skincare focuses a lot on individual evaluation and depends on person to person. So it is necessary to examine your skin type and check whether Korean beauty products are suitable for you or not. A patch test to check the compatibility of the product with your skin should always be done before putting the product to use.
- 10 Foods that Lift Your Mood and Make You Happy - November 16, 2021
- 8 Best Formal Wear for Women Online - November 2, 2021
- Best Korean Beauty Products In India For A Flawless Skin - September 10, 2021